Thursday, June 08, 2006

Yoga

This is my second stint at Yoga pratice. I had gone to yoga classes for about a month, during semester vacation, while doing my degree. That was, almost so long ago, that I don't even remember which year's semester vacation it was! At that time, I didn't have much to do, except for resting at home. So, I used to have a good lunch, and sleep off for a couple of hours. After that, I used to start off for the yoga classes, and that too, after a couple of wake up calls, one from my mom. The classes started at 5pm daily and used to last for an hour. It was a good exposure to Yoga and I liked it, as most of the students there were in their middle age, with pot bellies, not able to do most of the asanas and I turned out to be one of the best in performing the asanas. After that, its only now that I have again started going to the Yoga classes. I have joined the yoga asana course in Arya Samaj, in CMH road, Bangalore. The classes have almost come to an end, and I am very determined this time around to continue practising yoga every day. I have been going to the classes since a month and the course is for 45 days. I was going for morning classes, which are from 6am-7am. And its helped me a lot untill now. Besides Yoga, its helped me to wake up early, as I am usual not a earlier riser and my day only starts at 8am. But, for these classes, I have been getting up daily before 5:30 am and its become almost a habit. I am no more feeling sleepy in the afternoons, which usually happens with me, when I wake up very early. Also, I feel very active and fresh throughout the day.
We'll have to see how it goes from here :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home