Sunday, July 06, 2008

Rafa..What a player !

Though Nadal had beaten Fedex very convincingly in the French Open, Fedex is always the favaorite when it comes to Wimbledon. I somehow missed the initial one hour of play and when I saw the score, I was shocked to see Nadal leading by 2 sets. The third set was even bad for Fedex when he lost one of his service game. I just couldn't see Fedex losing, and stopped watching for a while. After half an hour, I was guessing the match would to be over by now. But surprisingly, a tie break was going on. So, Fedex managed to break Nadal's service game too in this set. Third and fourth sets were so close, that it was just pure genius of play by both of them. I felt Nadal felt a little bit nervous when he was close to the match point in the fourth set and that gave Fedex a good chance to consolidate and win this set. But, there was more to come in the final set, and the last few games in this set were really impossible shots played especially by Nadal. Whenever Fedex thought that he won the point, Nadal would shoot back from an impossible position with such a great precision.

I think Nadal deserved to win all the way, though we can't take anything away from Fedex, who was brilliant as ever. Indeed, it needed another genius like Nadal to beat him at Wimbledon.

I hope we get to see more of such matches in the future !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home